The York Area Regional Police Department (YAPD) make no warranty or representation, express or implied, with respect to the quality, content, accuracy, completeness, currency, freedom from computer virus, or non-infringement of proprietary rights, of any of the design, information, text, graphics, images, pages, interfaces, links, software, or other materials and items contained in or displayed on this site. All such items and materials are provided on an “as is” basis and you are fully and solely responsible for your use of them and for any results or consequences of your use. These materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, including sources beyond the control of the YAPD, and are subject to change without notice from the YAPD. Commercial use is prohibited without the prior written permission of the YAPD.
In no event shall the YAPD, or their agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, be liable for any and all damages, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages, arising from accessing or using the site, or otherwise arising from the site or from anything contained in or displayed on the site. Nothing contained in or displayed on this site constitutes or is intended to constitute legal advice by the YAPD or any of their agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives.
By accessing and using this web site, You represent, covenant and warrant that all information, data and materials hosted on and/or transmitted through the Web Site do not and will not violate any law or infringe on any legal rights. Furthermore, You agree not to engage, or assist others to engage, in using this web site in connection with any illegal purpose including, but not limited to, the following:
- attempting to interfere with or compromise the operation of the Web Site in whole or in part, with any of the equipment hosting the Web Site, or intercepting, redirecting or interfering with messages or data intended for transfer to other parties;
- accessing, without authorization, any computers, accounts or networks or attempting to penetrate security measures (a.k.a. “hacking”) and any other activity that might be used in an attempt to penetrate a system such as “stealth scans” or other information gathering activities;
- engaging in any activity, hosting or transmitting of data or other material that infringes upon or misappropriates intellectual property rights, such as copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, privacy or publicity, moral rights, or other personal or proprietary rights. This also includes deleting or falsifying any author ownership attributions, legal notices or designations of origin in a file that You host or transmit;
- use of Our Web Site in any manner to transmit or store libelous, slanderous or defamatory statements or otherwise statements that constitute false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact;
- using Our Web Site as a means to threaten, harass, stalk, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- transmitting or distributing information regarding the creation and sending of files that contain a virus, worm, Trojan Horse, pinging, floating, mail bombs or denial of service attacks;
- using any robot, spider, intelligent agent, or other automatic device, or manual process to search, monitor or copy Our Web Site pages or the content without Our prior written permission, provided that generally available Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator® or Microsoft Internet Explorer® may be used without such permission;
- publishing, advertising, storing, posting, distributing or disseminating child pornography or obscene or other unlawful material or information;
- sending large volumes of unsolicited e-mails or materials, commercial or otherwise, including “spam” and other such unsolicited mass e-mails. This risks overloading Our system and has a negative impact on Our other Users or Our public image;
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software or the HTML code comprising or in any way making up a part of Our Web Site;
- violating any applicable federal, state, local or international laws, rules or regulations;
- engaging in activities, whether lawful or unlawful, that is designed to violate this Agreement or that We determine to be harmful to Our users, operations, reputation, goodwill, partners and/or affiliates.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are operated by parties other than the YAPD. The YAPD is not responsible for the content of any such external site, or for the availability of the site or its content. If you have questions or concerns regarding the content of any of these external sites, you should contact the site administrator directly. Copyright Service marks and trademarks contained in or displayed on the site, and the contents of linked sites operated by third parties, are the property of their respective owners. All other design, information, text, graphics, images, pages, interfaces, links, software, and other items and materials contained in or displayed on this site, and the selection and arrangements thereof, are the property of the YAPD. All rights are reserved.
Permission is granted to residents and citizens of the communities and schools served by the YAPD to copy electronically and to print single pages from this site exactly as presented on this site, without any addition or modification, for the sole purpose of sharing public safety information with other citizens and residents, and on the condition that the pages are copied, printed, and shared without cost to the recipients. Distribution, or republication in any other form or for any other purpose, including any commercial purpose or use, and any modification to the page(s) whatsoever, are strictly prohibited without prior written permission of the YAPD.
Communications Through the Site
In no event shall any communication made through this site’s e-mail and messaging functions constitute legal notice to the YAPD, or to any of their agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives (including but not limited to legal notice required by federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations) with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the YAPD or any of their agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives.